Posts from — March 2011
My son’s birthday is tomorrow and I
decided to create a blog decided to post about myself and my growing family on my old blog. I am thinking of posting anything that interest me. Well, if you know me, interesting for me is about my family and making enough money to support them.
I will start posting something about the toddler milk available for my son which turns one on the morrow. I started my research on choosing between cow’s milk( preferably UHT processed ) and toddler formula( the one you see in the supermarket ).
From research, I’ve found out that cow’s milk isn’t suitable for children below one year old. Although a lot of people who have used cow’s milk argue that they didn’t experience any adverse effects on their children’s health, I wouldn’t risk it. Cow’s milk won’t be in his diet until he is 2-3 years old. I’ll do my research again before then.
I abruptly started my research on available milk supplements available here in the Philippines. Here’s a list of the widely available ones and their nutritional content per 100 grams:
- Nido Junior 1-3. Energy 463 kcal, Protein 17 grams, Carbohydrates 53 grams
- Progress Gold. Energy 450 kcal, Protein 14 grams (40% whey 5.8 g, 60% casein 8.6 g), carbohydrate 64 grams
- Sustagen Junior. Energy 393 kcal, Protein 16 grams, Carbohydrates 71 grams
- Bonakid. Energy 450 kcal, Protein 14 grams, Carbohydrates 64 grams
- Vitaminized Lactum 1+. Energy 440 kcal, Protein 15 grams, Carbohydrate 64 grams
- Gain Plus Advanced. Energy 495 kcal, Protein 18.8 g, Carbohydrate 49.8 g
March 25, 2011 No Comments